Did you know you can get Amac’s Personal Trainer Career Package on the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan? Study now, pay later!
Summary of 19+ Advanced Learner Loan
The government have now extended the Advanced Learner Loan scheme to include 19-23 year olds. These loans have been introduced by the government to make further education more affordable. This is great news for anybody looking to get qualified as a personal trainer without the upfront cost. The 19+ Advanced Learning loan enables you to pay nothing while you are studying.
- No credit check required
- You will only have to make loan repayments when you are earning over £25, 000 per year
- If you are a student in higher education already you will likely still be eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan
- Starting your course on or after 1 August 2016
- 19 or older on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age limit)
- Living in England on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, EU, the Channel islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this
- Taking an eligible course (with Amac that includes; PT Certificate, PT Diploma Exercise Referral, PT Career Package and the Advanced Personal Trainer.
- Look into all options to pay for your course
- If you are between 19-23 and this is your first full L3 qualification you may be eligible for grant funding which you can find out about at the National Careers Service
- You can get impartial financial advice from the Money Advice Service
How is the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan paid to Amac?
- Once Student Finance have confirmed that you are registered on your course they will pay your agreed loan directly to Amac
How much will my 19+ Advanced Learner Loan repayments be?
- Monthly repayments are based on your income, not what you borrowed
- You will only pay back 9% of any income above £25,000 a year
- For example, your monthly repayments would be:
- £15 a month – if you earned £27,000 a year
- £37 a month – if you earned £30,000 a year
How do I make my 19+ Advanced Learner Loan repayments?
- You can make voluntary repayments at any time to pay off your loan
- If your income drops or rises your repayments will be automatically adjusted to reflect this
- If your income falls below £25,000 your repayments will stop and only restart once your income has reached £21,000 again
- If your income falls below £25,000 your repayments will stop and only restart once your income has reached £25,000 again
- Any loan remaining 30 years after your due to start making repayments will be written off
How much interest will I pay on a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan?
- See below to table to see how interest is calculated
|When you’re studying and until the April after you finish or leave your course||Retail Price Index (RPI) plus 3%|
|From the April after you finish or leave your course||Interest will be based on your income
How many 19+ Advanced Learner Loans can I get?
- If you start your course on or after 1st August you can apply for up to four loans at the same time. Speak to a member of the Amac team to see which course combinations would suit you and help you progress in your chosen fitness career path.
How do I find out more?
Find out more from gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan