Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Children
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise and physical activity for children or at those already running such sessions without a formal qualification.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below).
Around four months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently. However, there is the option to attend a free-of-charge Theory Revision Day in Canterbury, Kent which will be followed the the exams at the end of the day.
This Children’s Fitness Instructor course is offered as entirely elearning with 1 day attendance for theory exams. If you are already level 2 fitness instructor qualified then you can book the reduced rate which means you are exempt from the theory units.
You will cover planning sessions for two age phases: 5-11 years and 11-15 years. You will need submit video of a practical session delivered to a minimum of 5 children (maximum of 12) of either 5-11 years or 11-15 years. The session planned should include a warm up, main component and cool down which is between 30-60 minutes in length. A session plan must accompany the video along with the children’s PARQs and permission to video from parents/guardians.
You will be provided with a hard-copy Active IQ manual, eLearning and additional downloadable PDF resources to help you plan fitness sessions for children.
- Anatomy and physiology including the cardio-respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, and the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- To develop learners’ ability to plan and deliver safe and effective physical activity sessions for children.
- To develop learners’ knowledge of health and safety, child protection and building relationships in a fitness environment.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Entry requirements: Over 18, regularly attending group exercise classes
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise||Multiple-choice test (attendance required)||Online learning|
|2||Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||Worksheet||Online learning|
|3||Principles of health, fitness and exercise||Multiple-choice test (attendance required)||Online learning|
|4||Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||Worksheet||Online learning|
|5||Planning children’s fitness sessions||Session plan||eLearning|
|6||Instructing children’s fitness sessions||Practical assessment video submission||eLearning|
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£500||Full Cost (eLearning course for already recently L2 fitness instructors – no attendance required)
|£650||Full Cost (eLearning course with 1 day exams to attend)
|£250||Deposit – Full Cost 2 month payment plan (eLearning course with 1 day exams to attend)
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x2 £200 further monthly payments.