Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Exercise to Music
This is an industry recognised qualification that allows the holder to work as an exercise to music (aerobics) instructor and gain entry at Level 2 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS). If you want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor running group exercise sessions, then this qualification is for you.
Aerobics instructors lead classes giving participants a fun and interesting way of working out. You can teach classes at health clubs or be self-employed running your own classes in your local community.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below).
Around four months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
This Exercise to Music Instructor course is offered as entirely elearning with 1 day attendance for theory exams.
- Anatomy and physiology including the cardio-respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, and the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a group exercise to music session with apparently healthy adults. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Entry requirements: Over 16, regularly attending group exercise classes
Note for those taking the purely eLearning course that it is advisable that you are regularly attending ETM classes alongside your studies.
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise||Multiple-choice test||Online learning|
|2||Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||Worksheet||Online learning|
|3||Principles of health, fitness and exercise||Multiple-choice test||Online learning|
|4||Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||Worksheet||Online learning|
|5||Planning group exercise to music sessions||Session plan||eLearning|
|6||Instructing group exercise to music sessions||Practical assessment video submission||eLearning|
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£650||Full Cost (eLearning course with 1 day exams to attend)
|£150||Deposit – Full Cost 2 month easy payment plan (eLearning course with 1 day exams to attend)
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x2 £250 further monthly payments.