Certificate in Fitness Instructing – (Gym) Based Exercise
This is an industry recognised qualification that allows the holder to work as a gym instructor and gain entry at Level 2 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) and recognition with CIMSPA. If you want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor working in gyms, then this qualification is for you.
A career as a gym instructor is both fun and rewarding. You will be working with clients helping them to meet their health and fitness goals, as well as supervising the gym environment and giving professional information, advice and support to your customers.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below).
Around four months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
There are two study formats – blended learning with attendance for 6 days plus elearning or entirely elearning with 1 day attendance for theory exams.
If you were planning to progress to the personal trainer certificate, why not consider our personal trainer diploma. This qualification incorporates both the gym instructor certificate and level 3 personal trainer certificate.
- Anatomy and physiology including the cardio-respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, and the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
- Entry requirements: Over 16, ideally regular gym user. Note for those taking the purely eLearning course that it is advisable that you are using a gym alongside your studies.
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam on a date to suit|
|2||Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Worksheet submission|
|3||Principles of health, fitness and exercise||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam on a date to suit|
|4||Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Worksheet submission|
|5||Planning gym-based exercise||Face-to-face training 3 days attendance OR eLearning||Session plan portfolio|
|6||Instructing gym-based exercise||Face-to-face training 3 days attendance OR eLearning||1/2 day practical assessment OR video submission|
Jan 2018Gym Instructor, YMCA, Maidstone, Kent – 17,18,19 January 2018
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£650||Full Cost (eLearning course with 1 day exams to attend)
|£150||Deposit – Full Cost 2 month easy payment plan (eLearning course with 1 day exams to attend)
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x2 £250 further monthly payments.
|£750||Full Cost- Get FREE PROfusion CPD course! (Blended Learning course with 6 days to attend plus eLearning)
|£150||Deposit – Full Cost 3 month easy payment plan (Blended Learning course with 5 days to attend plus eLearning)
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x3 £200 further monthly payments.
|£50||Deposit – Full Cost 7 month easy payment plan (Blended Learning course with 5 days to attend plus eLearning)
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x7 £100 further monthly payments.
|£375||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Option (Blended Learning course with 5 days to attend plus eLearning)
Initial payment of £375 now then a second payment of £375 at least 7 days before the first day of your course.