Certificate in Personal Training
This Personal Trainer course is an industry recognised qualification that allows the holder to work as a personal trainer and gain entry at Level 3 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) and recognised by CIMSPA. If you want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer working freelance or in health clubs, then this qualification is for you.
Personal training is an exciting, challenging and responsible career. You will need to be flexible, possess in-depth knowledge and have excellent communication skills. This course enables you to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming all specific to the individual needs of your clients.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below)
Maximum of six months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
Personal Trainer Qualification- Course Content
- Anatomy and physiology including the musculoskeletal system, the heart and circulatory system, postural and core stability, the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Entry requirements: over 18, Level 2 Fitness Instructor (gym), ideally experienced gym user
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked on a date to suit|
|2||Applying the principle of nutrition as part of a personal training programme||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked on a date to suit|
|3||Programming personal training with clients||Face-to-face training 4 days attendance||Programming and worksheets|
|4||Delivering personal training||Face-to-face training 4 days attendance||1/2 day practical assessment|
Jul 2019Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 2,3,9,10 July 2019
Oct 2019Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 9,10,16,17 October 2019
Nov 2019Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 20, 21, 27, 28 November 2019
- A Guide to Studying
- Student Handbook
- L3 YMCA Awards Certificate in Personal Training Amac Course Guide [applies to May 2017 course only]
- L3 Active IQ Certificate in Personal Training Course Guide
- Advanced Learner Loan Guide
- Amacsports Limited Course Terms & Conditions
- Course Application Form 2017-18 V2
If you do not already have your L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym Instructor) which is the prerequisite to the Certificate in Personal Training why not check out Amac’s PT Career Package? This is a great way to get all the essential fitness qualifications and great value!
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£1800||Full Cost||Book Now|
|£150||Deposit – Easy Payment Plan
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x6 £275 further monthly payments
|£900||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan
First payment £900 and then a second payment of £900 due at least 7 days before the course start date
|£350||Deposit – 19+ Advanced Learner Loan
Learning and funding information letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £1417
‘Learners develop excellent instructing skills during effective practical training sessions.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, February 2019