Level 4 Advanced Personal Trainer
The field of personal training and the needs of modern day professional personal trainers is rapidly evolving in line with the broad ranging needs and goals of the clients they serve. As a result, the industry has never been more competitive. Highly successful personal trainers are results driven and confidently differentiate their services offered to provide an ethical service and sustain a highly successful business. Driving this success is a more scientific and evidence-based approach to programming, training, monitoring and managing clients which translates to better client retention as well as attracting new clients.
This qualification will provide you with the enhanced knowledge and skills to fully understand your clients, utilise an evidence-based approach to programming and develop a successful and sustainable personal training business.
This course requires two days attendance at the start. You will then be required to work with a real client (apparently healthy and have no medical conditions which would be considered outside the scope of practice for a PT) for at least 12 weeks whilst recording all sessions, modifications, adaptations, progressions, reassessments, results and any other relevant notes in a professional manner. This will form the basis of a live case study which must be over a period of at least 12 weeks. You will also be required to prepare a presentation and vivas.
Your assessor will carry out a viva approximately every 4 weeks via telephone/Skype and then you will have a final presentation assessment and viva either supplied electronically or you are scheduled to attend.
The course will include a specially chosen Human Kinectics publication which is included in the course price. There will be a recommended reading list provided if you wish to undertake further reading to support your studies.
This course can be funded using an Advanced Learner Loan.
- Wednesday, 28th & Thursday, 29th March 2018
- Thursday, 24th & Friday, 25th May 2018
- Tuesday, 2nd & Wednesday, 3rd October 2018
All courses are held at Amac Head Office, Canterbury, CT4 6HD where there is free parking. Times 09:00 – 17:00
- Research, evaluation and use of credible research and information to inform personal training / coaching practice.
- Integration and application of technologies, digital and social media into personal training practice to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- The application of behaviour change and communication techniques to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- Assessment, performance analysis and evaluation to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- Design and application of long-term periodisation, planning, coaching and evaluation to optimise client success.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
- Entry requirements: Over 18 + Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent)
- You must be able to apply factual and theoretical knowledge and be able to use a range of cognitive and practical skills to generate specific solutions for personal training clients. This will require you to work in predictable and unpredictable situations using knowledge, skills and competencies pitched at level 4.
|1 & 2||Applied techniques to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
Progressing clients towards successful achievement of goals.
|Attendance & distance learning/self study||x2 Vivas
Real live case study over 12 weeks
Mar 2018Advanced Personal Trainer, Amac, Canterbury – 28 & 29 March 2018
May 2018Advanced Personal Trainer, Amac, Canterbury – 24 & 25 May 2018
Oct 2018Advanced Personal Trainer, Amac, Canterbury – 2 & 3 October 2018
Book your level 4 course now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
£624 full cost in one payment Introductory Early Bird 20% Discount. Offer ends 31 January 2018. Discount only valid on ‘paying in full’ option.
|£250||Deposit – Easy Payment Plan
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x5 £110 further monthly payments (total cost £800)
|£390||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan
First payment of £390 and then a second payment of £390 due 4 weeks later (total cost £780)
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan – Distance Learning with two days attendance
We will send you what you need to apply for a government backed Loan of £811