Obesity and Weight Management
This is an industry recognised qualification that allows the holder to work with obese and diabetic clients, designing and delivering weight management programmes to improve their health and well-being and helping to improve their quality of life. It also enables you to gain entry at Level 4 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS). If you want to expand your services and enjoy rewarding work with this client group, then this qualification is for you.
Students will have access to one-to-one course support from a Specialist Tutor. This will be via telephone, email or skype for help with learning and assessment.
- The prevalence and strategies for the management of obesity and diabetes
- How to determine obesity-related health risk
- The causes and pathophysiology of obesity and diabetes
- Appropriate training approaches to plan and design exercise programmes for client’s obesity and/or diabetes
- Medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbities that influence an individual’s ability to exercise safely and effectively
- How to implement a corrective diet in the management of obesity and diabetes
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management
for Obese and Diabetic Clients
- Entry requirements: Over 18 + Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral
|1||Prevalence and strategies for the management of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes||e-learning||Worksheet submission|
|2||Development and pathophysiology of obesity and diabetes||e-learning||Worksheet submission|
|3||Planning and delivering physical activity and nutrition strategies for obesity and diabetes management||e-learning||Theoretical case study|
Book your elearning course now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|Full Cost||Book Now|
|£150||Deposit – Easy Payment Plan
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x5 £80 further monthly payments (total cost £550)
|£260||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan
First payment of £260 and then a second payment of £260 due 4 weeks later (total cost £520)
|£55||Course Manual (optional)
Hard copy Active IQ manual to use in addition to the e-learning course and keep for reference