Did you know you can get Amac’s Personal Trainer Career Package on the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan? Study now, pay later!
Summary of Advanced Learner Loan
The government’s Advanced Learner Loan scheme are for people over 19 years old. These loans have been introduced by the government to make further education more affordable. This is great news for anybody looking to get qualified as a personal trainer without the upfront cost. The 19+ Advanced Learning loan enables you to pay nothing while you are studying.
- No credit check required
- You will only have to make loan repayments when you are earning over £27, 295 per year
- If you are a student in higher education already you will likely still be eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan
- Starting your course on or after 1 August 2016
- 19 or older on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age limit)
- Living in England on the first day of your course, and have been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before starting your course
- Be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there’s no restrictions on how long you can stay). You may also be eligible if you:
– a UK national, or someone with settled status, but you live in the European Economic Area (EEA)
– an EU national or a family member of one
– not a UK national but you’ve lived in the UK for at least 20 years (or at least half of your life)
– a refugee or a relative of one
– a migrant worker
– the child of a Swiss national
– the child of a Turkish worker
– under humanitarian protection or a relative of someone who has been granted it
– staying in the UK as a stateless person (or their family member) and your course starts on or after 1 August 2018
– a serving member of the UK armed forces (or their spouse, civil partner or a dependent parent or child living with them) doing a distance learning course from outside the UK that started on or after 1 August 2017
- Someone granted ‘Calais leave’ to remain or a child of someone granted ‘Calais leave’ to remain – if your course starts on or after 1 August 2020 and you’ve lived in the UK for at least 3 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course.
- Taking an eligible course (with Amac that includes; Personal Trainer Exercise Referral, Lower Back Pain Specialist Instructor, Obesity and Diabetes Specialist Instructor and the PT Career Package.
- Look into all options to pay for your course
- If you are between 19-23 and this is your first full L3 qualification you may be eligible for grant funding which you can find out about at the National Careers Service
- You can get impartial financial advice from the Money Advice Service
How is the Advanced Learner Loan paid to Amac?
- Once Student Finance have confirmed that you are registered on your course they will pay your agreed loan directly to Amac
How much will my Advanced Learner Loan repayments be?
- Monthly repayments are based on your income, not what you borrowed
- You will only pay back 9% of any income above £27,295 a year
- For example, your monthly repayments would be:
- £11.34 a month – if you earned £28,800 a year
- £57.84 a month – if you earned £35,000 a year
How do I make my Advanced Learner Loan repayments?
- You can make voluntary repayments at any time to pay off your loan
- If your income drops or rises your repayments will be automatically adjusted to reflect this
- If your income falls below £27,295 your repayments will stop and only restart once your income has reached £27,295 again
How much interest will I pay on a Advanced Learner Loan?
- See below to table to see how interest is calculated
|This rate applies until the 5 April after you finish or leave your course.||While you’re studying, interest is 5.6%. This is made up of the Retail Price Index (RPI) plus 3%. RPI is currently set at 2.6%.|
|From the April after you finish or leave your course||Interest will be based on your income
How many Advanced Learner Loans can I get?
- If you start your course on or after 1st August you can apply for up to four loans at the same time. Speak to a member of the Amac team to see which course combinations would suit you and help you progress in your chosen fitness career path.
How do I find out more?
Find out more from gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan