Attracting clients for gym-based PTs
One question I frequently get asked is how gym-based personal trainers can attract more clients. Below I have compiled a list of a few possible strategies.
The key is to be proactive, approachable, and make it easy for potential clients to learn more about your services and how you can help them achieve their fitness goals. Building trust and credibility with potential clients, showing your expertise and using the resources available in the gym, can help you to attract more clients. If you sit and wait for clients to come to you, you will probably end up disappointed.
1. Availability and approachability: Making yourself available and approachable, by answering questions and giving advice, can help build trust and credibility with potential clients. Be open to answering questions and giving advice to gym members.
2. Network with other gym staff: Building relationships with other staff members and members of the gym can lead to referrals. They may know someone who is looking for a personal trainer and will be more likely to recommend you if they have a positive impression of you.
3. Advertising: You can create flyers or posters to promote your services and post them in prominent locations within the gym. This assumes, of course, the gym will allow you to do this. Use the gym’s resources such as the notice board or the gym’s website to advertise your services and post your contact information (if permitted).
4. Special deals or promotions: Offering a discount or promotion to new clients can be a great way to attract new business. This could be a percentage off their first session or a package deal. You may also consider offering a complimentary session to new members or potential clients. This will allow them to experience your training style and see the results they can expect from working with you.
5. Group fitness classes or workshops: Leading group fitness classes or workshops can be a great way to showcase your expertise and attract new clients. This can also be a great way to build your brand and reputation as a personal trainer.
6. Create a social media presence: Creating a social media presence can help you to connect with potential clients and promote your services. For example, you can create a Facebook page, Instagram account, or YouTube channel where you post fitness tips, workout videos, and testimonials from satisfied clients. Encourage satisfied clients to leave reviews on your social media pages or website. Positive reviews can help to attract new clients and build trust.
7. Website or Blog: Creating a website or blog where you post fitness tips, workout plans and testimonials, can help establish you as an expert in the field and attract more clients.
8. Education and certification: Obtaining additional certifications and education in personal training and related fields can demonstrate your expertise and help you to attract more clients who are looking for a professional trainer. In addition, specializing in a specific area such as weight loss, exercise referral, or older adult fitness may help you to attract clients who are looking for specific training.
Overall, there are many ways to attract new clients as a personal trainer working in a gym. The key is to be creative, think outside the box, and continuously look for new opportunities. Remember to always be professional and provide high-quality service to your clients, word of mouth can be very powerful, and a satisfied client will likely refer other clients to you.