Older Adult Instructor
This course will enable you to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work with Independently Active, Older People in an unsupervised manner. There will be particular focus on the considerations for safe and effective exercise and how to plan and adapt exercise for this demographic group.
You will complete this course from home so no attendance is required. The written portfolio assessments are submitted via email. The following will be supplied for your studies:
- Hard-copy course manual
- Amac eLearning to guide you through assessments plus loads of additional resources
- Tutor support as required via Skype/Zoom, email or phone
‘Learners benefit from outstanding advice and guidance that raise their aspirations for working in the fitness industry.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019
- recognise who ‘independently active, older people’ are in the population
- the ageing process and demographics
- the effects of ageing and inactivity on body systems, cognitive function/performance, psychological/emotional/social function and wellbeing
- the special considerations that must be taken into account when programming and delivering exercise for independently active, older people and the benefits of physical activity and exercise to them
- how to support and motivate the independently active, older adult in exercise and promote exercise for this section of the population
- the impact of ageing on the planning and delivery of safe exercise for independently active, older people
- the components of a pre-exercise consultation with independently active, older people
- how to plan and adapt exercise, and adapt session instruction, for independently active older people
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
- Entry requirements: Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing(Gym, ETM or Aqua) or Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training or Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga or Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
|1||Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult||Independent learning with hard-copy manuals and online Study Support Area||Worksheet and assignment|
|2||Designing and adapting exercise programmes for the older adult||Independent learning with hard-copy manuals and online Study Support Area||Case Study and Worksheets|
Distance learning via manual posted. Tutor support available as required.
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|Full Cost||Book Now|