Certificate in Personal Training
This Personal Trainer course is an industry recognised qualification that allows the holder to work as a personal trainer and gain entry at Level 3 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) and recognised by CIMSPA. If you want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer working freelance or in health clubs, then this qualification is for you.
Personal training is an exciting, challenging and responsible career. You will need to be flexible, possess in-depth knowledge and have excellent communication skills. This course enables you to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming all specific to the individual needs of your clients.
In line with current Government advice and the uncertainty around when gyms will reopen, we have decided to wait until September to resume face-to-face training.
We have a couple of spaces left on the October course and then the next course is planned for December. Students will be able to frontload their studies with all the theory aspects of the course in advance of attending, as follows:
Study Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition through eLearning and hard-copy manuals. In preparation for the exams, all our Theory Revision Days have moved online in a series of workshops. You will be able to try out the online exam platform with mock exams and then take both the multiple-choice live exams from home (free resits allowed).
Complete a worksheet which forms part of your Learner Assessment Portfolio. You can submit this by email for marking.
In readiness for the practical training courses, you will be sent some ‘on-course’ resources with additional tasks to complete ahead of the face-to-face training. This will enable us to minimise the face-to-face contact time on-course, allowing more flexibility to work in a socially-distant way.
We will be liaising with the leisure centre, awarding body and Department of Education over best way to deliver the face-to-face training in a Covid-secure manner which we will share with you in advance of attending.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below)
Maximum of six months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
Personal Trainer Qualification- Course Content
- Anatomy and physiology including the musculoskeletal system, the heart and circulatory system, postural and core stability, the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Entry requirements: over 18, Level 2 Fitness Instructor (gym), ideally experienced gym user
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked on a date to suit|
|2||Applying the principle of nutrition as part of a personal training programme||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked on a date to suit|
|3||Programming personal training with clients||Face-to-face training 4 days attendance||Programming and worksheets|
|4||Delivering personal training||Face-to-face training 4 days attendance||1/2 day practical assessment|
Oct 2020Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 6, 7, 13, 14 October 2020
Dec 2020Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 1, 2, 8, 9 December 2020
If you do not already have your L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym Instructor) which is the prerequisite to the Certificate in Personal Training why not check out Amac’s PT Career Package? This is a great way to get all the essential fitness qualifications and great value!
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£1800||Full Cost||Book Now|
|£150||Deposit – Easy Payment Plan Payment plan initial deposit payment with x6 £275 further monthly payments||Book Now|
|£900||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan First payment £900 and then a second payment of £900 due at least 7 days before the course start date||Book Now|
|£350||Deposit – 19+ Advanced Learner Loan Learning and funding information letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £1417||Book Now|
‘Learners develop excellent instructing skills during effective practical training sessions.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019