Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training (inc. Gym)
This is an industry recognised qualification that qualifies you as both a gym instructor and personal trainer. It allows you to gain entry at Level 3 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) and recognised by CIMSPA. If you want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a gym instructor and/or a personal trainer working freelance or in health clubs, then this diploma is for you.
A career as a gym instructor is both fun and rewarding. You will be working with clients helping them to meet their health and fitness goals, as well as supervising the gym environment and giving professional information, advice and support to your customers.
Personal training is an exciting, challenging and responsible career. You will need to be flexible, possess in-depth knowledge and have excellent communication skills. This course enables you to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming all specific to the individual needs of your clients.
In line with current Government advice and the uncertainty around when gyms will reopen, we have decided to wait until September to resume face-to-face training.
We have several spaces left on the November Gym Instructor course followed by the Personal Trainer course in December. Students will be able to frontload their studies with all the theory aspects of the course in advance of attending, as follows:
Study level 2 Anatomy & Physiology and Principles of Exercises through eLearning and hard-copy manuals. Then move onto the level 3 Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition theory. In preparation for the exams, all our Theory Revision Days have moved online in a series of workshops. You will be able to try out the online exam platform with mock exams and then take all four multiple-choice live exams for both level 2 and 3 from home (free resits allowed).
Complete three worksheets covering the level 2 health & safety, planning a gym-based session and supporting clients. You can submit these by email for marking.
In readiness for the practical training courses, you will be sent some ‘on-course’ resources with additional tasks to complete ahead of the face-to-face training. This will enable us to minimise the face-to-face contact time on-course, allowing more flexibility to work in a socially-distant way.
We will be liaising with the leisure centre, awarding body and Department of Education over best way to deliver the face-to-face training in a Covid-secure manner which we will share with you in advance of attending.
The personal trainer diploma is the same as doing the gym instructor and then the personal trainer qualifications separately but enables you to access better financing options.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below)
Maximum of six months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
‘Tutors provide learners with very clear guidance on the skills and knowledge they need. This helps learners make rapid progress in developing the essential
instruction techniques needed to be an effective personal trainer or fitness instructor.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019
- Anatomy and physiology including the cardio-respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, and the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked for a date to suit|
|2||Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Worksheet|
|3||Principles of health, fitness and exercise||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked for a date to suit|
|4||Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Worksheet|
|5||Planning gym-based exercise||Face-to-face training 3 days attendance||Session plan on course|
|6||Instructing gym-based exercise||Face-to-face training 3 days attendance||1/2 day practical assessment|
|7||Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked to suit you|
|8||Applying the principle of nutrition as part of a personal training programme||Independent learning manuals, Active IQ eLearning||Multiple choice exam booked to suit you|
|9||Programming personal training with clients||Face-to-face training 4 days attendance||Programming and worksheet|
|10||Delivering personal training||Face-to-face training 4 days attendance||1/2 day practical assessment|
Gym Instructor Course Dates
Nov 2020Gym Instructor, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 3, 4, 5 November 2020
Personal Trainer Course Dates
Oct 2020Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 6, 7, 13, 14 October 2020
Dec 2020Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 1, 2, 8, 9 December 2020
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£2500||Full Cost||Book Now|
|£250||Deposit – Easy Payment Plan With x6 monthly payments of £425||Book Now|
|£1350||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan With two payments of £1350. Second payment due at least 7 days before the course start date||Book Now|
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan Offer letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £2850||Book Now|
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan- PT Diploma Upgrade Offer letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £1950||Book Now|