Obesity and Weight Management
This is an industry recognised qualification that allows the holder to work with obese and diabetic clients, designing and delivering weight management programmes to improve their health and well-being and helping to improve their quality of life. It is recognised by CIMSPA. If you want to expand your services and enjoy rewarding work with this client group, then this qualification is for you.
Students will have access to one-to-one course support from a Specialist Tutor. This will be via telephone, email or Zoom for help with learning and assessment.
You will complete this course from home so that no attendance is required. This format can now be funded using an Advanced Learner Loan. The following will be supplied for your studies:
- Hard-copy course manual
- Active IQ eLearning
- Tutor support as required via Skype/Zoom, email or phone
- The prevalence and strategies for the management of obesity and diabetes
- How to determine obesity-related health risk
- The causes and pathophysiology of obesity and diabetes
- Appropriate training approaches to plan and design exercise programmes for client’s obesity and/or diabetes
- Medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbities that influence an individual’s ability to exercise safely and effectively
- How to implement a corrective diet in the management of obesity and diabetes
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients
- Entry requirements: Over 18 + Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral
|1||Prevalence and strategies for the management of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes||e-learning||Worksheet submission|
|2||Development and pathophysiology of obesity and diabetes||e-learning||Worksheet submission|
|3||Planning and delivering physical activity and nutrition strategies for obesity and diabetes management||e-learning||Theoretical case study|
Book your elearning course now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|Full Cost – eLearning format including hard-copy manual||Book Now|
|£250||Deposit for Payment Plan – eLearning format including hard-copy manual Payment plan initial deposit payment with x5 £81 further monthly payments (total cost £655)||Book Now|
|£287.50||First Payment for 50:50 Payment Plan – eLearning format including hard-copy manual First payment of £287.50 and then a second payment of £287.50 due four weeks later (total cost £575)||Book Now|
|£0||Advanced Learner Loan – eLearning format including hard-copy manual plus live 1-2-1 tutor induction session We will send you what you need to apply for a government backed Loan of £745||Book Now|