Extended Diploma in Personal Training (excl. Gym)
1 x Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training
(excludes Level 2 Gym Instructor)
1 x Annual TOTUM Membership
In line with Government step 4 of lifting restrictions, we are continuing in-person training. As before, the course will remain delivered in a covid-secure way with small groups.
The next spaces available to book to attend the Personal Trainer course will be in February 2022. Please be aware that there is a chance that these dates may change due to restrictions. Students will be able to frontload their studies with all the theory aspects of the course in advance of attending, as follows:
Study level 3 Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition through eLearning and hard-copy manuals. In preparation for the exams, you will be able to try out the online exam platform with mock exams and then take both multiple-choice live exams from home (free resits allowed).
Complete level 3 worksheets and assignments that build up your extended diploma portfolio. You can submit these by email for marking prior to attending course dates, if possible.
This package includes x1 profusion course. In response to Covid-19 these are being changed to an online format. The eLearning courses available for this package in 2021 will be:
- Rope Training
- Sandbag Training
- High Intensity Interval Training
- Kettlebell Training
- Combat Fitness
- Circuit Design and Delivery
We continue to work closely with Maidstone Leisure Centre, awarding body and Department of Education over best way to deliver the face-to-face training in a Covid-secure manner which we will share with you in advance of attending.
The personal trainer diploma (excludes Gym Instructor units) is exclusively for students who already have their Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym). You will be exempt from your Gym units as you will have completed these already. Proof of L2 Gym Instructor qualification must be provided following your booking.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below)
Maximum of six months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
‘Tutors provide learners with very clear guidance on the skills and knowledge they need. This helps learners make rapid progress in developing the essential
instruction techniques needed to be an effective personal trainer or fitness instructor.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019
- Anatomy and physiology including the musculoskeletal system, the heart and circulatory system, postural and core stability, the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- Active IQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training
- Entry requirements: Hold a full level 2 gym instructor qualification
Personal Trainer Course Dates
Mar 2022Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 22,23,24,25 March 2022
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£1950||Full Cost- Qualified Gym Instructors ONLY||Book Now|
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan- Qualified Gym Instructors ONLY
Offer letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £1950