Extended Diploma in Personal Training (excl. Gym)
1 x Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training
(excludes Level 2 Gym Instructor)
1 x Annual TOTUM Membership
In line with Government step 2 of lifting restrictions, we will be resuming in-person training. As before, in a covid-secure way with small groups.
The next spaces available to book to attend the Personal Trainer course will be in July 2021. Please be aware that there is a chance that these dates may change due to restrictions. Students will be able to frontload their studies with all the theory aspects of the course in advance of attending, as follows:
Study level 3 Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition theory. In preparation for the exams, all our Theory Revision Days have moved online in a series of online workshops. You will be able to try out the online exam platform with mock exams and then take two multiple-choice live exams from home (free resits allowed).Complete worksheets and assignments which you can submit these by email for marking prior to attending course dates.
In readiness for the practical training courses, you will be given tasks to complete ahead of the face-to-face training. This will enable us to minimise the face-to-face contact time on-course, allowing more flexibility to work in a socially-distant way.
This package includes x1 profusion courses which can be started following your booking anytime. In response to Covid-19 these are being changed to an online format. The eLearning courses available for this package in 2021 will be:
- Rope Training
- Sandbag Training
- High Intensity Interval Training
- Kettlebell Training
- Combat Fitness
- Circuit Design and Delivery
We continue to work closely with Maidstone Leisure Centre, awarding body and Department of Education over best way to deliver the face-to-face training in a Covid-secure manner which we will share with you in advance of attending.
The personal trainer diploma (excludes Gym Instructor units) is exclusively for students who already have their Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym). You will be exempt from your Gym units as you will have completed these already. Proof of L2 Gym Instructor qualification must be provided following your booking.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below)
Maximum of six months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
‘Tutors provide learners with very clear guidance on the skills and knowledge they need. This helps learners make rapid progress in developing the essential
instruction techniques needed to be an effective personal trainer or fitness instructor.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019
- Anatomy and physiology including the musculoskeletal system, the heart and circulatory system, postural and core stability, the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- Active IQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training
- Entry requirements: Hold a full level 2 gym instructor qualification
Personal Trainer Course Dates
Jul 2021Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 6,7,8,9 July 2021
Oct 2021Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 11,12,13,14 October 2021
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£1950||Full Cost- Qualified Gym Instructors ONLY||Book Now|
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan- Qualified Gym Instructors ONLY
Offer letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £1950