Diploma in Personal Training (excl. Gym)
1 x Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
(excludes Level 2 Gym Instructor)
1 x Annual NUS Extra Membership
In line with current Government advice and the uncertainty around when gyms will reopen, we have decided to wait until September to resume face-to-face training.
We have a couple of spaces left on the October course and then the next course is planned for December. Students will be able to frontload their studies with all the theory aspects of the course in advance of attending, as follows:
Study Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition through eLearning and hard-copy manuals. In preparation for the exams, all our Theory Revision Days have moved online in a series of workshops. You will be able to try out the online exam platform with mock exams and then take both the multiple-choice live exams from home (free resits allowed).
Complete a worksheet which forms part of your Learner Assessment Portfolio. You can submit this by email for marking.
In readiness for the practical training courses, you will be sent some ‘on-course’ resources with additional tasks to complete ahead of the face-to-face training. This will enable us to minimise the face-to-face contact time on-course, allowing more flexibility to work in a socially-distant way.
We will be liaising with the leisure centre, awarding body and Department of Education over best way to deliver the face-to-face training in a Covid-secure manner which we will share with you in advance of attending.
The personal trainer diploma (excludes Gym Instructor units) is exclusively for students who already have their Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym). You will be exempt from your Gym units as you will have completed these already. Proof of L2 Gym Instructor qualification must be provided following your booking.
Divided into theory units and practical units (see full details below)
Maximum of six months to achieve the qualification- but you can complete much quicker than this as theory work is studied for independently.
‘Tutors provide learners with very clear guidance on the skills and knowledge they need. This helps learners make rapid progress in developing the essential
instruction techniques needed to be an effective personal trainer or fitness instructor.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019
- Anatomy and physiology including the musculoskeletal system, the heart and circulatory system, postural and core stability, the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
Personal Trainer Course Dates
Oct 2020Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 6, 7, 13, 14 October 2020
Dec 2020Personal Trainer, Maidstone Leisure Centre – 1, 2, 8, 9 December 2020
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£1950||Full Cost- Qualified Gym Instructors ONLY||Book Now|
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan- Qualified Gym Instructors ONLY
Offer letter forwarded to you so you can apply for a loan of £1950