What is CIMSPA?
CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector, committed to supporting, developing and enabling professionals and organisations to succeed and, as a result, inspire our nation to become more active.
What membership pathways are there for the sport and physical activity sector?
For frontline professional, there are memberships for personal trainers, gym and group exercise instructors, strength and conditioning professionals, swimming teachers, activity coaches, frontline leisure staff and yoga, pilates and wellness practitioners. You can join CIMSPA for support throughout your career, recognition of your status as a professional and clear guidance from your chartered institute.
What benefits are there to being a member of CIMSPA?
- Your entry in the CIMSPA membership directory – a statement to employers and the public that your qualification level has been validated
- Your verified online profile, shareable with employers and customers
- CIMSPA Academy – access to FREE endorsed CPD eLearning
- Eligible practitioner categories have access to the UK Learning and Development platform with exclusive resources such as tips, guides, videos and webinars (Access available dependent on different membership categories)
- Recognition and status – you are a member of the sector’s only chartered professional body
- Record of professional development – share your recognised status with employers and customers
- Digital copy of S&PA Professional, the quarterly CIMSPA magazine, and access to online archive
- CIMSPA member bulletin – curated selection of guidance, useful resources and news
- S&PA Extra – magazine’s monthly digital newsletter
- Sector job vacancy information