Ante Natal and Post Natal Instructor
This course will enable you to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work with ante and post natal clients in an unsupervised manner. There will be focus on the considerations for safe and effective exercise and how to plan and adapt exercise for these particular clients.
- the physical changes which take place during the ante and post natal periods
- the benefits of exercise/physical activity for ante and post natal women
- how to support ante and post natal clients in exercise
- the contra-indications to exercise for ante and post natal clients
- how to manage risks in ante and post natal exercise sessions
- the nutritional requirements for the ante and post natal period
- the principles of collecting information to plan an exercise programme for ante and post natal clients
- how to screen ante and post natal clients prior to planning an exercise programme
- how to plan an exercise programme for ante and post natal clients
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post-Natal Exercise Programmes (QCF)
- Entry requirements:
Learners must hold either a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/ Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent
(including qualifications which give entry to the REPs Physical activity Advisor category) or one of the following:
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
• Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
• Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
|1||Physical activity and health considerations for the pre and post-natal client||Active IQ elearning||Worksheet|
|2||Design and implement exercise programmes for the pre and post-natal client||Active IQ elearning||Case study|
Active IQ elearning.
In-house face-to-face training option available on request.
Book your place now!
|£||Description||Link to Payment|
|£320||Full Cost||Book Now|
|£20||Printed Course Manual (optional)
Hard copy Active IQ manual to use in addition to the e-learning course and to keep for reference