Diploma in Exercise Referral
This is an industry recognised online qualification that allows the holder to work as an exercise referral instructor and gain entry at Level 3 onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS). The aim of this qualification is to equip fitness instructors or personal trainers with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills required to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme for referred clients/patients with specific controlled conditions.
It will give you the skills to work with those defined as low risk in the Exercise Referral Quality Assurance Framework and REPs, where specialist training is required in order to devise suitable programmes. Students will have access to one-to-one course support from a Specialist Tutor. This will be via telephone, email or skype for help with learning and assessment.
ACSM’s Exercise Management for Persons With Chronic Diseases and Disabilities, Fourth Edition, WORTH £65.99, which will be posted to you following your booking.
ELearning – Complete this course online and submit your coursework and video for marking.
Blended Learning – Two days attendance with online learning and you submit your coursework and video for marking. This option can be funded using an Advanced Learner Loan. Forthcoming dates:
- Wednesday, 14th & Thursday, 15th February 2018
- Monday, 30th April & Tuesday, 1st May 2018
- Wednesday, 20th & Thursday, 21st June 2018
- Wednesday, 19th & Thursday, 20th September 2018
- Tuesday, 20th & Wednesday, 21st November 2018
All face-to-face training courses are held at Amac Head Office, Canterbury, CT4 6HD where there is free parking. Times 09:00 – 17:00
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise referral programme, the principles of risk stratification in exercise referral and the principles and procedures of record keeping
- How to identify goals with exercise referral patients and instruct, adapt, and review exercise sessions with these patients
- How to plan, prepare, monitor and adapt an exercise referral programme with patients and understand the importance of long term behaviour change for these patients
- The current healthcare systems in the UK, the exercise referral process, the roles and responsibilities of the professional within an exercise referral scheme and the role and importance of exercise referral, related policies and key documents
- The concept of a patient centred approach
- The clinical features of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes, the relationship between exercise and specified exercise referral medical conditions, the accepted methods for treatment/management of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes and how to programme safe, effective exercise programmes for patients with specified exercise referral medical conditions
- Level 3 Active IQ Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Entry requirements: Over 16 + One or more of the following: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates or Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Note: If you are a Level 2 instructor, then you may book this course, however there will be an additional charge of £250 to study the required level 3 theory in A&P and Nutrition. Please ring us on 01227 831 840 to book additional units
|3||Professional practice for exercise referral instructors||Online and independent learning||Worksheet|
|4||Understanding specific controlled conditions||Online and independent learning||Worksheets|
|5||Planning exercise referral programs with patients||Online and independent learning||Worksheets and video submission of practical demonstration|
|6||Delivering exercise referral sessions||Online and independent learning||Worksheets and video submission of practical demonstration|
Feb 2018Exercise Referral Instructor, Amac, Canterbury – 14 & 15 July 2018
Apr 2018Exercise Referral Instructor, Amac, Canterbury – 30 April & 1 May 2018
Jun 2018Exercise Referral Instructor, Amac, Canterbury – 20 & 21 June 2018
Sep 2018Exercise Referral Instructor, Amac, Canterbury – 19 & 20 September 2018
Nov 2018Exercise Referral Instructor, Amac, Canterbury – 20 & 21 November 2018
Book your place now!
|Price||Description||Link to Payment|
|Full Cost – eLearning
Winter Offer Discount. Offer ends 20 December 2017. Discount only valid on ‘paying in full’ for eLearning option.
|£150||Deposit – Easy Payment Plan – eLearning
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x6 £75 further monthly payments (total cost £600)
|£290||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan – eLearning
First payment of £290 and then a second payment of £290 due four weeks later (total cost £580)
|£45||Printed Course Manual (optional)
Hard copy ActiveIQ manual to use in addition to the e-learning course and to keep for reference
|£720||Full Cost – Blended Learning with two days attendance
|£150||Deposit – Payment Plan – Blended Learning with two days attendance
Payment plan initial deposit payment with x5 £134 further monthly payments (total cost £820)
|£360||First Payment – 50:50 Payment Plan – Blended Learning with two days attendance
First payment of £360 and then a second payment of £360 is due 4 weeks later (total cost £720)
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan – Blended Learning with two days attendance
We will send you what you need to apply for a government backed Loan of £800
|£0||19+ Advanced Learner Loan – Blended Learning with two days attendance AND Manual
We will send you what you need to apply for a government backed Loan of £845