Diploma in Exercise Referral
As part of our response to the current situation, we have decided to only offer this in an eLearning format for the rest of 2020.
You will still be able to fund this course using an Advanced Learner Loan. For those being funded by a government Loan, you will study this using eLearning and hard-copy manuals. In addition, to replace the two-days attendance, there will be a series of live 1-2-1 tutor sessions. Practical assessments will need to be videoed from home/outdoors using someone else to be your client.
Study level 3 Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition through eLearning and hard-copy manuals. In preparation for the exams, all our Theory Revision Days have moved online in a series of workshops. You will be able to try out the online exam platform with mock exams and then take both multiple-choice live exams from home (free resits allowed).
All students will be able to access tutor support throughout their studies.
This is an industry recognised online qualification that allows the holder to work as an exercise referral instructor and gain entry in this category with CIMSPA. The aim of this qualification is to equip fitness instructors or personal trainers with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills required to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme for referred clients/patients with specific controlled conditions.
It will give you the skills to work with those defined as low risk in the Exercise Referral Quality Assurance Framework and CIMSPA, where specialist training is required in order to devise suitable programmes. Students will have access to one-to-one course support from a Specialist Tutor. This will be via telephone, email or skype/zoom for help with learning and assessment.
Course includes FREE hard copy Human Kinetics book. ACSM’s Exercise Management for Persons With Chronic Diseases and Disabilities, Fourth Edition, WORTH £74, which will be posted to you following your booking.
You will complete this course from home so that no attendance is required. This format can now be funded using an Advanced Learner Loan. The assessments are submitted via email/post which will include a video for marking too. The practical session (using a family/friend as your client) will need to be in a discipline that you are already qualified in.
The following will be supplied for your studies:
- Hard-copy course manual
- Active IQ eLearning
- Amac eLearning to guide you through assessments plus loads of additional resources
- Tutor support as required via Skype/Zoom, email or phone
- Human Kinetics book
‘Learners benefit from outstanding advice and guidance that raise their aspirations for working in the fitness industry.’
Ofsted Inspection Report, 2019
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise referral programme, the principles of risk stratification in exercise referral and the principles and procedures of record keeping
- How to identify goals with exercise referral patients and instruct, adapt, and review exercise sessions with these patients
- How to plan, prepare, monitor and adapt an exercise referral programme with patients and understand the importance of long term behaviour change for these patients
- The current healthcare systems in the UK, the exercise referral process, the roles and responsibilities of the professional within an exercise referral scheme and the role and importance of exercise referral, related policies and key documents
- The concept of a patient centred approach
- The clinical features of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes, the relationship between exercise and specified exercise referral medical conditions, the accepted methods for treatment/management of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes and how to programme safe, effective exercise programmes for patients with specified exercise referral medical conditions
- Level 3 Active IQ Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Entry requirements: Over 16 + One or more of the following: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates or Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Note: If you are a Level 2 instructor, then you may book this course, however there will be an additional charge of £250 to study the required level 3 theory in A&P and Nutrition. Please ring us on 01227 831 840 to book additional units
|3||Professional practice for exercise referral instructors||Online and independent learning||Worksheet|
|4||Understanding specific controlled conditions||Online and independent learning||Worksheets|
|5||Planning exercise referral programs with patients||Online and independent learning||Worksheets and video submission of practical demonstration|
|6||Delivering exercise referral sessions||Online and independent learning||Worksheets and video submission of practical demonstration|
Book your place now!
|Price||Description||Link to Payment|
|£645||Full Cost – eLearning format including hard-copy manual and Human Kinetics book
|£250||Deposit for Payment Plan – eLearning format including hard-copy manual and Human Kinetics book Payment plan initial deposit payment with x6 £82.50 further monthly payments (total cost £745)||Book Now|
|£322.50||First Payment for 50:50 Payment Plan – eLearning format including hard-copy manual and Human Kinetics book First payment of £322.50 and then a second payment of £322.50 due four weeks later (total cost £645)||Book Now|
|£0||Advanced Learner Loan – eLearning format including hard-copy manual and Human Kinetics book plus live 1-2-1 tutor sessions We will send you what you need to apply for a government backed Loan of £845 (total cost with Loan £845)||Book Now|